How it works
The U.S. Embassies are selling surplus movable property (SMP) via a Web Based Electronic Auction. Each auction will be activated for a period of time clearly stating the start and end date. This information is available on the information panel of the web application. Usually it will be active from Monday to Friday lasting two weeks. During this period you can actively take part and submit your bid for the surplus property.
Maximum number of bids on one item is stated at each item. Increasing your bids is possible only in the local currency name. During the auction you should monitor your bids so you can react on all bids price development.
Email for winners will consist link to the auction application where you can review your items, after successful login.
Terms, and Conditions of Sale
1. By participating in the auction, you acknowledge that you have agreed to purchase items “as is – nonreturnable basis”, without any guarantee or warranty.
2. Bidders are responsible for any charges, such as taxes or duties, which may be assessed by the Government of Armenia.
3. Winners who refuse to pay for items will not be allowed to participate in any future auctions.
4. Receipt will be issued at time of payment for the collection of purchased items.
5. Successful bidders are responsible for removing their property from the sale location.
6. ALL sales are final and the return of items is not allowed.
7. If there is any inconsistency regarding these rules, the English version will prevail.
Payment for items is possible by cash and wire transfer. Cash payments will be received on the scheduled date and items shall be collected same day. In case of wire transfer items can be collected after receipt of the amount on U.S. Embassy’s bank account (it usually takes 5 business days from the date of transfer). Here is bank information for wire transfer:
Bank Name: Ameriabank CJSC
Account Name: US Embassy Yerevan
Account #: 15700 35927610100
Currency: AMD (Armenian Drams)
If you have bid and won more than one item, you can pay the whole amount at once.
Note: Payment should be done by its exact amount without change.
In order to retrieve your items, you must present the original receipt of your passport or ID with all required details included in the payment paragraph above.
Any paid items that are not picked up during the scheduled time frame will be disposed of, and there will be no possibility for their retrieval. In special cases or circumstances, you may arrange a different pick-up date and time by contacting the auction manager.
After successful confirmation of payment for your items, our staff will move your items out to the front of the storage building. From that time on, you are the owner of your merchandise. You will have the full responsibility for subsequent handling procedures and removal from Embassy property in a timely manner. If items are not removed in a timely manner they may be considered abandoned and disposed of.